A GOOD READ
CURRENT STR ECONOMICS
Unfortunately the Short term rental market- along with many other markets- has slowed down significantly. WC Lodging’s portfolio has continued to have strong demand, particularly in the ‘last minute booking’ arena, but to sustain this demand more aggressive pricing has been necessary. If you have a minimum nightly rate requirement please take a moment to email us your rate parameters. In the meantime, PriceLabs and I will continue to work together to make your listing as competitive and desirable as possible in this changing market.
According to Wineamerica.com’s 2022
US Economic Impact Study about
Click here for full aritcles:
2022 US Econ Impact Study
2022 CA Econ Impact Study
WHY SUSTAINABLE TRAVEL MATTERS
87% OF AMERICAN ADULTS SAY SUSTAINABLE TRAVEL IS EI THER SOMEWHAT IMPORTANT OR VERY IMPORTANT TO THEM
Sustainability in tourism is an ethical practice in tourism similar to responsible tourism and ecotourism in that it is all about efficient technology, cleaner production, environmental protection and communal engagement. mellennials and gen z tend to be more inclined towards sustainable tourism and are often inclined to pay more for sustainable brands and environmental commitments.
HOW WC LODGING IS DOING ITS PART
- Single use plastic toiletries are being phased out in favor of large bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash
- A minimum of 10% of WC Lodging’s profits will be put back into our local SoCo community and local conservation projects
- We’ve signed the Sonoma County Tourism “Travel Kindly” Pledge
- We’ve earned Booking.com’s Travel Sustainable Badge for all of our homes
- All houses have LED light fixtures and low flow plumbing accessories
- We’ve ensured that all homes display signs asking guests to conserve water and observe safe septic usagein each kitchen/bathroom
- Consistently offer guests local recommendations in an effor to support our local small businesses and industries
5 Sustainable Travel Trends That Will Shape 2023
PARTING WAYS WITH MOORE HVAC
Maybe it’s the labor shortage or perhaps the company has simply grown larger than its model can handle, but after 10 years of loyalty WC Lodging is parting ways with Moore. The influx of untrained technicians, an inefficient appointment process combined with virtually no availability has proven our relationship with them to be more costly than beneficial. All memberships have been cancelled (as of Dec 2022) and Monaco Mechanical will be our new go to for all HVAC matters. As always, feel free to reach out with questions/concerns.